Phonics Student Activity Centers
- Part One – Letter-Sound Correspondence
- Part Two – High Frequency Words
- Part Three – Variant Correspondences
- Part Four– Syllable Patterns
- Part Five – Morpheme Structures
Fluency Instructional Guidelines and Student Activities
2-3 Student Center Activities on Fluency FCRR
- Part One – Letter-Sound Correspondence & Word Parts
- Part Two – Words
- Part Three – Phrases & Chunked Texts
- Part Four – Connected Text
- Skill and Strategy Units
- Comprehension Units
- Reading passages
- http://raz-kids.com (excellent computer center)
Grade 2-3 Student Center Activities on Comprehension FCRR
- Part One – Narrative Text Structure
- Part Two – Expository Text Structure
- Part Three –Text Analysis
- Part Four– Monitoring for Understanding
Classroom Strategies – This video library provides teachers with effective, research-based classroom strategies to help build and strengthen literacy skills in print awareness, phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing. Excellent for training Mentors.
Reading Instruction for ELL Grades 1-3 English language learners (ELLs) in early elementary school are learning to read at the same time as their other classmates. Nevertheless, they still may need some extra help making the connection between their native language and English or focusing on specific sounds and letter combinations. These articles provide explicit guidance, as well as age-appropriate tips for instruction.
Graphic Organizers: This collection of ready-to-use graphic organizers will help children classify ideas and communicate more effectively. All of the printable graphic organizers are designed to facilitate understanding of key concepts by allowing students to visually identify key points and ideas. By using graphic organizers across all subject areas, you will be empowering your students to master subject-matter faster and more efficiently. There are graphic organizers for reading, science, writing, math, and for general use. You’ll also find blank printable templates like graph paper, dot arrays, and other useful tools.